- Who should subscribe to the Blogging for Beginners course?
- Who should subscribe to the Podcasting for Beginners course?
- When does the course start?
- What is included in the price of each course?
- How do I register for each course?
- I’ve already registered, how do I get into my course?
- How do I reset my password?
- How do I access the community for my course?
- What are Office Hours?
- What’s the difference between Office Hours and regular WordPress.combinars?
- How do I convert Office Hours and meetup times from UTC to my local time zone?
- What is the cancelation policy of each course?
- Will the content of the courses be accessible to me if I have a disability?
Who should subscribe to the Blogging for Beginners course?
All levels of bloggers — beginner, intermediate, advanced. This course is perfect for anyone, from those looking to start their blogging journey, to advanced bloggers hoping to take their site to the next level. The lessons are mostly text-based, suitable for those who learn best through written material. Because the course is self-paced, you can start anytime.
Who should subscribe to the Podcasting for Beginners course?
Anyone who wants to podcast— beginner, intermediate, advanced. This course is for everyone, from those looking to start their podcasting journey, to advanced podcasters hoping to take their site to the next level. This course is video-driven, with over six hours of original recordings. The videos are captioned in English and transcripts are available. Like our Blogging for Beginners course, the Podcasting for Beginners course is self-paced, so you can start anytime.
When does the course start?
Both Blogging for Beginners and Podcasting for Beginners are self-paced courses, so you can begin whenever fits your schedule best.
What is included in the price of each course?
- Access to on-demand course content; updated annually
- Access to the private P2 course community
- Ability to join virtual meet-ups (scheduled once every quarter)
- Ability to join office hours with WordPress.com Happiness Engineers to ask more specific questions to help improve your blog/site (scheduled regularly across various time zones)
- Ability to network, share ideas and ask questions within the community
- Certificate of completion
How do I register for each course?
Subscribe to any WordPress.com course by clicking the “Purchase This Course” button on its course page. For example, here’s what the button looks like on the Blogging for Beginners course page:
Enter your registration and payment details, and create a username and password for your login. Keep in mind that this username and password is separate from any account you already have on WordPress.com.
Within one business day, you will receive an email confirming your access to the course content and its private P2 community. Get more information on accessing the P2.
I’ve already registered, how do I get into my course?
Visit the My Courses page and enter the username (or email) and password that you set up when you registered for the course.
How do I reset my password?
Visit the password reset page and enter the username or email you used when you registered. You will receive a link to create a new password via email. Keep in mind that changing your password here does not affect your WordPress.com account.
How do I access the community for my course?
Get to know other course members in the exclusive forum. Introduce yourself, ask questions, and make some new connections. To access the community, you’ll need to join the community site, here’s how:
Option 1 – On your course homepage, you will see a link to join as shown here:
Option 2 – You will receive a Welcome email for the course which includes a link to join the community.
Once you have signed up you are all set! To access the community, Go to the “Community” item in the top menu bar and select your course name’s from the drop-down menu:
Introduce yourself, we can’t wait to hear about what you are working on!
Pro tip: there’s a tutorial below to show you how the community site works. It’s hosted on P2, our WordPress-based collaboration software.
What are Office Hours?
Office Hours are Zoom calls using video, audio, and screensharing, where you can ask questions and get help with your site or podcast from a WordPress.com Happiness Engineer in real time. They take place regularly throughout the year, at different times of day so that folks living in different time zones can have a chance to participate.
What’s the difference between Office Hours and regular WordPress.com webinars?
You may already be familiar with WordPress.com’s webinar series, or maybe you’ve even attended one. Our webinars are generally free and open to anyone, covering pre-set topics that repeat weekly. Occasionally we offer one-off webinars on extra topics. We sometimes have so many questions during our webinars that we aren’t able to answer all of them, although we try to cover as many as we can.
Office Hours are for the exclusive use of course participants, and tend to be much more intimate than our regular webinars. The entire session is geared to the topics you, our participants, would like to cover; we don’t have any predetermined topics, so you have an opportunity to focus on whatever interests you most.
How do I convert Office Hours and meetup times from UTC to my local time zone?
Because we have course participants from around the world, we set our Office Hours calls and meetups in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), which does not observe Daylight Savings. UTC is sometimes referred to as GMT (Greenwich Mean Time).
You can convert UTC to your local time zone in a few ways.
- There is a time-zone converter built into the Zoom registration form for each set of Office Hours. Click “Universal Time UTC” to select your local time zone or a city in your time zone.
- You could also use an online time-zone converter like this one. Start by entering the day and time of the event in UTC, and then enter your time zone or the name of a city in your time zone, like this:
Be sure to pay attention to the day – sometimes a time that’s one day in UTC might be a different day in your time zone.
What is the cancellation policy for each course?
The initial enrollment charge for a course is non-refundable after purchase. The annual subscription will automatically renew 1 year from the date of purchase, but you may cancel your subscription at any time from within your account. If you prefer not to have your subscription auto-renew, feel free to contact us and we can set that up for you.
Will the content of the courses be accessible to me if I have a disability?
Yes, all of the content of the courses consists of either text-based lessons and quizzes or video lessons that include captions. Our aim is to make the content of courses accessible to participants of all abilities and needs. If you encounter anything that isn’t accessible to you, please let us know and we will do our best to fix it.
For any additional questions, please contact us.